Monday 25 May 2009

My Hidden Talent! (not so hidden anymore!)

You will be pleased to hear, that along with my detective skills, I have uncovered another talent! Although I am quite laid back and a gentle gorilla, I have always liked listening to music, and sometimes find my hands tapping away, especially when she is playing Aled Jones. I usually don't like more heavy music - it makes my ears hurt. But I went away for the weekend and found myself sat on the kitchen table listening to some music. My hands started tapping and before I knew it, there I was - drumming along!



I couldn't believe it! It was quite a liberating experience! Then I found some drums, so thought I'd give it a go. And Wow! I loved it even more!



I've never played the drums before. I was great! I even loved the noise! I got so good at it, that a ring tailed monkey acquaintance of mine brought his guitar along and we did some jamming (although there were no doughnuts).



As you can see I got quite carried away and excited by it all. I felt really good afterwards, so myself and a dog acquaintance decided to treat ourselves to something called 'brunch.' Apparently its a mixture of breakfast and lunch. So I suppose lunch and tea is 'teach' and dinner and supper is 'dipper.' All sounds like codswallop to me (is that a fish being hit? I hope not, because I should phone the RSPCA if it is).

Anyway, the panckaes were yummy (although no jam around).

I'm back in the fluffy-hair house now and told Nora and Simon and Chubby and the Monkey and all of them about it (although Nora seemed more interested in the pancakes I had eaten and kept asking me if they had carrots in). But as for the rest - they couldn't believe it! Me! In a band (I think we should be called the Monkey-La-Las, although I am an ape - it sounds better than Ape-La-La)! They have always been used to me being the sensible, gentle one. But on this weekend (where banks have holidays, but people who keep their money under the matress don't) I have discovered a more outgoing form of myself! Hurrah! I don't think she'll be too happy though if the pots and pans keep disappearing out of the kitchen cupboard when I am practicing. But, who cares! I'll do my drumming when she is out. And one day, who knows, I may be playing in front of millions. Maybe Nora could be one of the dancers. Oooh! I'm getting quite excitied. Must go and eat a banana (got to replace the energy I have used!)

Happy-La-La

No comments:

Post a Comment