Sunday 29 April 2012

Reading Group

Hello all!  You'll be pleased to hear that I finally have some leisure time (yippee!).  As you know, I have been working very hard lately on a 'top secret' case.  Poor Bond. Badger Bond. is still working on it, but I am not allowed to tell you any more than that.

We've also had a visitor staying with us - a travelling salesbear called Ollie.  He sold us some books, so we decided to start a Fluffy-Hair House reading group, as you can see.


 
At the moment, we are reading, "The case of the missing banana."  It is very interesting.  Of course it helps me develop my detective skills further (as I worked on a very similar case in January, as you may recall) and Nora enjoys it because of the mention of banana cake and banana sundae (indeed, it is banana Sunday, today!). 

We think that Lime, the tree frog, has some special needs, so we have been helping him with his reading.  He doesn't say very much, but he smiles (and jumps) a lot.  We think he likes living here in the Fluffy-Hair house.  We found out that he was not treated well by his tree frog family because he was seen as the black sheep of the family*, on account of his size (much bigger than the average frog).  Poor Lime.

Anyway.  I'm off to eat the banana sundae that Nora has prepared for us (yum yum).  See you soon!

Love from Lewis MAD (Master of Animal Detective) xx

 
* I apologise to any sheep, black or white, for this comment.  I recall our CALF (Campaign Against Ludicrous Falsehoods) campaign against such animal sayings (along with others like "codswallop" and "sick as a parrot" etc.).  So I am sorry.  I am doubly sorry for also associating frogs with sheep.  Of course, they are a completely different species.




No comments:

Post a Comment