Wednesday 24 June 2009

C.A.L.F.

We were all in the garden yesterday, having a picnic. It was great! Nora had her carrot cake, I had my bananas and Chubby and some of the others joined in, sharing a vast array of cheesy wotsits, hundreds and thousands (Emu counted 111) and nutty butters (? or butter nut something). Anyway, we heard a human shouting after their "pet" (imprisoned) dog, saying "stop badgering me!" This was ludicrous! - it was obviously a dog and not a badger and it wasn't a very nice thing to say. And then we were talking about all the times we hear humans say ludicrous and false things about us animals. You've probably heard them... things like "you chicken" to those that are a bit scared (this obviously upset Chubby, who is actually a chicken in both ways), "you old goat" (fine if you are an elderly goat, but not if you are an old granny walking down the street minding your own business), "silly cow" (actually cows are quite sensible), "fat pig" (not all pigs are fat - I've seen them working out), and "as sick as a parrot" (the parrots I have met in other countries are not sick. If they are, they might go to a vet and get better). Anyway, the list is endless. So we decided to form an organisation to campaign aganst these ludicrous falsehoods.


So here I am. If you want to join, just let me know! I hope humans will take this seriously and stop to think about animal feelings.

Nora, as usual, got a bit confused. But at least her heart is in the right place.

As (handy bendy) Gandhi once said: "A nation's progress can be judged by how they treat their animals"

A pause (paws) for thought, I think.

Love Lewis x

No comments:

Post a Comment